Your Health and Safety - We Care
We have put specific measures in place to ensure the safety of our employees and our guests. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning.
- The whole house is sanitized on an ongoing basis with a non-toxic, biodegradable, hospital grade fogging mist that destroys viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- Check in with no contact from a staff member
- Park in front of your own room and access via your own room door
- Enjoy breakfast in your room or on your private sea front patio
- No communal areas, buffet breakfasts or crowds
- Enjoy low-covid risk outdoor activities such as
* Hikes along the cliff path and on the deserted beaches of the nearby nature reserve.
* Horse riding on the beach at Pearly Beach or in the fynbos at the Hemel and Aarde Valley
* Fat bike rides in the dunes of Walker Bay Nature Reserve
We have a plan in place around procedures to take care of any guest or staff member displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
Staff Training and Protocol
Our staff members have been briefed about the nature and severity of COVID-19 and related viruses to ensure the safety of themselves and our guests.
Signage and Information
Clear signage or other forms of information are present to educate and inform guests about our health and safety protocols.
PPE (Personal protective equipment)
The use of Personal protective equipment (PPE) is mandatory at our premises. This may include the use of face masks, face shields and gloves.
Cleaning and disinfecting procedures
We use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses in all areas accessible to staff and guests. This applies to all areas including guest rooms, public areas, dining areas and staff quarters.
Our check-in procedure may include specific health and safety protocols such as completing a health questionnaire, having temperature taken and sanitising of hands.
Food and Dining
We prepare and serve food and beverages in a clean and safe manner. We have adapted our dining facilities and protocol to promote social distancing and minimise human contact.
We have adopted an in-house laundry protocol to ensure the efficient disinfecting of bedding, re-useable face masks and garments.